Welcome to Army Medical Department Center and School (AMEDDC&S), U.S. Army Health Readiness Center of Excellence (HRCoE)
About Us
amedd careers
new arrivals
total army sponsorship program
parents and families
access to ft. sam houston
contact us
inspector general
public affairs office
amedd journal
access to care
helpful links
Staff & Student Resources

Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT)

Contact Us;

(210) 221-7380 | DSN: 471-7380

3630 Stanley Rd  

JBSA Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234

For assistance, please submit questions to the Request For Information (RFI) mailbox at:


EventDescriptionEvent DateEvent End Date
Q: Where can I find information on the military for both Service and Family Members? Education, relocation, parenting, stress - you name it - Military OneSource is here to help you with just about any need. Their free service is provided by the Department of Defense for active-duty Guard, and Reserve service members and their families. The service is completely private and confidential, with few exceptions. You can find information at   http://www.militaryonesource.mil/  External Link
Q: How can I find out about opportunities in the Army for qualified healthcare professionals (doctors, nurses, technicians, etc.)? Access information about joining the Army Healthcare Team External Link at U.S. Army Recruiting Command. Information on each Army Corps (Dental, Medical, Medical Service, Medical Specialist, Nurse and Veterinary) and points of contact are given there.
Q: How can I find out about job opportunities working as a civilian doctor? What agency recruits solely for the AMEDD? Please visit the Army Civilian Medical Jobs (Health Care Careers)website at http://medcell.army.mil/ External Link Medcell provides civilian recruitment for Medical Professionals with the United States Army. We offer competitive pay, full benefit package, generous paid time off, educational opportunities, career advancement, and the opportunity to provide uniquely challenging and fulfilling care to those in need.
Q: Where can I find information about the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)? Please visit the web site at https://www.gosoced.org/ External Link .
Q: How do I know what civilian credentials are related to my Military Occupational Specialty (MOS)? Through the Credentialing Opportunities On-Line (COOL) at https://www.cool.army.mil/ External Link .
Q: What is a Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Degree Network System (SOC DNS) Student Agreement, and what will it do for me? The SOC Degree Network System consists of degree-granting colleges and universities that have pledged to help servicemembers and their adult family members complete college degrees by adopting policies that have been outlined in the Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Many courses offered by Degree Network System institutions have two-way guaranteed transferability, making it easier for servicemembers to complete associate and bachelor’s degrees no matter where they move during their military careers. The SOC DNS Student Agreement issued by all SOC Degree Network System member institutions provides a complete evaluation of the servicemember’s prior learning, including courses from other colleges and universities, military training courses, military occupational experience, and nationally-recognized tests, as well as clearly identifying requirements for completing the degree. 
Q: Is there a professional librarian available to assist in locating materials, using electronic databases, and accessing other library resources? Yes. You can visit the AMEDD Stimson Library at http://www.cs.amedd.army.mil/stimlib/ External Link or you can Ask a Librarian via email at usarmy.jbsa.medcom-ameddcs.other.stimson-library-ameddcs@mail.mil.

You can also keep up to date on the latest news or check out your favorite book for some leisure reading at the Keith A. Campbell Memorial Library located 3011 Harney Path, Ste. 29. The library offers a variety of materials and equipment to all DoD cardholders and Family. Please visit http://www.jbsalibraries.org/   External Link .
Q: How do I get an official Army/American Council On Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) transcript? The Joint Services Transcript (JST) replaced the Coast Guard Institute Transcript, the Army/ American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) and the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART). JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member`s military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.
Note: Please visit the Joint Services Transcript (JST) System at https://jst.doded.mil/ External Link .
Q: Is there lodging on post where my family can stay when they come to visit? The Privatization of Army Lodging (PAL) took effect August 15, 2009 at Fort Sam Houston. The InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) and Actus Lend Lease have joined forces to bring the first branded hotels to US Army Installations. The partnership between IHG and Actus Lend Lease is called "Rest Easy" and their goal is to deliver a first-rate lodging experience that guests will love. The partnership team brings the convenience and consistency of consumer-branded hotels, affording new levels of comfort for travelers, all while providing guest experience specially tailored for Soldiers, their families and guests of the US Army. The Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) Office is the liaison for PAL.  
       IHG Army Hotels - Fort Sam Houston:
       Building 592 and Powless House, Building 3625
       Phone: (210) 357-2705 (follow the prompts for assistance)
       Reservations: 877-711-8326
       Direct Group/DVQ Reservations:(210)357-2705 ext.5006
       General Manager POC: (757)768-0126
       Hours of Operation: 24 hours 7 days a week 365 days a year.
       Website Information: http://www.ihgarmyhotels.com/pal/en/us/home External Link

       Housing Division & Residential Communities Initiative (RCI) Office:
       Building 407, 2nd Floor, East Wing
       Phone: (210) 221-2250 Alt: (210) 221-0891/1983 Fax: (210) 295-9925  
Q: What are some of the local places and events my family can visit while here in SA, TX? Please visit http://www.visitsanantonio.com/ External Link
Q: Is there an Education Center on FSH and where is it located? Yes. The Fort Sam Houston Geo Education Center is located at:
        2408 N. New Braunfels Ave. (Bldg. 2248)
       Fort Sam Houston, Texas 78234
       Phone: 210-221-1738 DSN: 471-1738
       Fax: 210-221-2737
       Email: FSHEDCTR@conus.army.mil
Q: Where can you obtain copies of medical records of retired or separated military personnel?

Separated Army service members requesting a copy of their medical records can obtain them by contacting either the National Archives, Veterans Administration, or the AMEDD Records Processing Center. The location dependent on the service member`s dates of service.

For records before 10/15/1992 contact the National Archives. Records can be requested online or by mailing in Standard Form 180.


For records between 10/16/1992 to 12/31/2013 mail the Standard Form 180 the Veterans Admiration at this address:

Department of Veterans Affairs
Records Management Center ATTN: Release of Information
P.O. Box 5020
St. Louis, MO 63115-5020

For records after 01/01/2014, service members MUST request records by mailing in Standard Form 180 to this address:

AMEDD Record Processing Center
3370 Nacogdoches Road, Suite 116
San Antonio, TX 78217

Q: How can I get a copy of my Birth Certificate? Birth certificates are not part of the medical record.
      If you were born in the United States, your state of birth maintains these records. Check the Web site of that state or the state government pages of a local phone book for information on vital statistics.    

       If you were born overseas in a military facility to at least one parent with U.S. citizenship, the U.S. Department of State should have a record of your birth. Visit the State Department External Link for full information on how to make your request, what information to include and payment of associated fees.

Q: Who do I contact about academic records for completed at the AMEDDCS HRCoE? The Office of the Registrar provides full registrar services to current and past students by ensuring the full documentation of academic records for courses taught by the AMEDDC&S HRCoE including servicing transcripts and diploma requests, records management, and college credit equivalency information. You can contact their office via email at usarmy.jbsa.medcom-ameddcs.mbx.registrar@mail.milor phone at (210) 221-6207 DSN: 471-6207 (Note: Email is the preferred method of communication).
Note: Official transcripts can be obtained through the Joint Services Transcript (JST) System at https://jst.doded.mil/ External Link .
Q: I am looking for the latest information on the Combat Lifesaver (CLS) Course (i.e. Recertification requirements, instructor requirements, enrollments process and material/resource requirements). Also, what agency is the proponent for the course? You can find all the updated CLS course resources on Army Knowledge Online at: https://www.us.army.mil/suite/files/30315325 External Link (Common Access Card (CAC) required for access). **Note: Click on the "Getting Started" folder.**

The Army Training Requirements and Resource System (ATRRS), CLS Enrollment Information for Course Number: 081 F31 (CLC) (School Code: 555) can be found at https://www.atrrs.army.mil/   External Link(CAC required). 

Points of Contact: AMEDDC&S HRCOE ITSSS HELPDESK (Enrollment and Graduation Support) at (210) 221-6888 (888) 263-3356 (DSN: 471-6888) or the Department of Combat Medic Education (Course Content Support) at (210) 221-5555 (DSN: 471-5555). For questions about the course subject matter, please contact the Departmentof Combat Medic Training (DCMT) at (210) 221-5235 (DSN: 471-5235).


Army Medicine Starts Here

Privacy & Security Notice | External Links Disclaimer | Disclaimer: Web Site Medical Information Posting Restrictions | Sitemap | Web Accessibility
This website provides and introduction to the U.S. Army Medical Department Center and School, Health Readiness Center of Excellence headquarter’s organizations, under the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command. It is intended for interested members of the public, news media, and Army beneficiaries.
Contact Us | AKO | U.S. Army | Fort Sam Houston | Developed/Supported by: AMEDDC&S HRCoE G6
- external link  AKO login required - AKO login required