· Serves as the AMEDDC&S HRCoE proponent for Combat Medic sustainment training, NREMT certification and the Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) Program of Record, ensuring compliance in accordance with AR 40-68 and AR 350-1.
· Develops 68W Army-wide policies pertaining to Combat Medic (68W) MOS sustainment requirements and continuing education credit for NREMT credentialing.
· Liaison with Federal, State, Military and non-governmental agencies for implementation of National Defense Authorization Act changes that affect 68W qualifications and civilian credentialing.
· Serves as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for NREMT contract; responsible for payment of testing and recertification, and as a member of the MEDCOM Medical Operational Data System (MODS) Consolidated Configuration Board (CCB).
· Approves requests for Combat Medic & NREMT training site codes, course approval requests, 68W MODS representative, and conducts MEDCOM Organizational Inspections Programs and/or 68W Quality Assurance Assessments ensuring training standards are met in accordance with AMEDDC&S HRCoE curriculum and NREMT requirements.
· Liaison between the Army and NREMT, serving as the “State Official” to receive, review, and validate training and certification for initial and continued NREMT certification and state reciprocity requests.
· Determines NREMT 68W MOS eligibility through criminal background inquiries and investigates any criminal history of alleged misconduct by Department of Defense (DoD) NREMT certified personnel.
· Conducts MEDCOM Organizational Inspection Program (OIP) and 68W Quality Assurance Assessment of 68W EMT training sites.
· Serves as the Program Management Office the for the Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) Program of Record. Provide management oversight for MSTC training, Operations, Programs of Instruction (POI), and assists with the mitigation and resolution of local issues regarding the MSTCs. Serves as a member of the TSS-E, STSP DAMO-TR working group.