|Monday - Friday
||0700 - 2000|
|Saturday - Sunday
|Training Holidays & Holidays
Stimson Library serves as the academic library supporting the US Army Medical Department Center and School through its print and electronic collection providing access to its patrons locally and wordwide. The collection emphasizes military, management, medical, nursing, and allied health sciences and supports graduate programs, undergraduate training and medical research.
We provide information resources, services and access in support of the educational, training and research needs of the US Army Medical Department Center and School. We support the medical activities at Fort Sam Houston, Texas and serve as an information resource for the US Army Medical Department worldwide.
To be the center of academic excellence leveraging the best technologies to provide and sustain resources, services and access in support of the educational, training and research needs of the US Army Medical Department Center and School.
- DOD personnel assigned to the US Army Medical Department Center and School
- DOD personnel enrolled in distributed learning programs supported by the US Army Medical Department Center and School
- DOD personnel assigned to Headquarters US Army Medical Command, the Medical Education and Training Campus, and medical activities at Fort Sam Houston
Stimson Library provides a full range of information products
- 56,000 volumes in print
- 29,000 electronic journals
- 50,000 electronic books
- Subscribes to over 33 electronic databases
- A digital archive of Army medicine, including:
- Army Medical Bulletin, 1922-1949
- Dental Bulletin, 1933-1943
- Health Care Studies and Technical Reports
- Medical Bulletin, 1943-1989
- Samuel Taylor Darling Memorial Library Archives
- US Army-Baylor Graduate Program in Health Care Administration Research Reports
- US Army Medical Department Journal, 1989-present
- USARV (US Army Vietnam) Medical Bulletin, 1966-1971
- Study Rooms
- Request an Interlibrary Loan
To request an interlibrary loan use this Form . Or use the "E-mail" link and follow the directions within the form.
3630 Stanley Road
Bldg 2840, Ste 106
Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-6100
Phone: (210) 221-6900 DSN 471
Fax: (210) 221-8562
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (if using a public workstation, right click link to copy email address and paste into webmail of your choice).